HOWARD COUNTY, MD — Officers and group leaders have unveiled a new web-site that pulls with each other an on the internet list of all cultural functions heading on in Columbia: Desired destination Downtown 2022. The one particular-halt virtual desired destination will checklist approaching festivals, arts programming, live shows, videos and much more and can be identified at www.DestinationDowntown2022.org.
“Downtown Columbia has usually been a spot for arts and lifestyle, and commerce,” Howard County Government Calvin Ball said at a news conference. “In 2020, we experienced to strike the ‘pause’ button on displays and reside performances. And now – with hopefully all people who can be vaccinated and boosted – the time has occur to hit ‘play’ – and to flip up the volume. This year, we are inviting all our people, and website visitors from in the vicinity of and considerably to join us for joyful celebrations of the arts and household enjoyment activities – and to demonstrate them how to locate everything that is likely on in downtown.”
Place Downtown 2022 highlights consist of:
- March 26 – June 5 – ROCKY The Musical, Toby’s Dinner Theatre
- Open May possibly 2 – Splashpad at Colorburst Park, Every day 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- May well 6 – M3 Rock Festival, Merriweather Submit Pavilion
- May possibly 13 – Chrysalis Cabaret: The Columbia Jazz Band, Chrysalis in Merriweather Park
- May possibly 14 – Bike About Downtown Block Social gathering, Coloration Burst Park
- Could 15 – Textbooks In Bloom, Color Burst Park
- May perhaps 21-22 – Wine in the Woods, Symphony Woods Park
- June 4 – Artreach Festival, Extended Get to Village Heart
- June 10-July 31 – Spongebob The Musical, Toby’s Meal Theatre
- June 10-12 – Lakefest Weekend – Columbia Competition of the Arts, Lake Kittamaqundi
- July 4 – Columbia Lakefront Fireworks, Lake Kittamaqundi
- Aug. 14 – Concert and a Motion picture, Harry Potter and the 50 percent-Blood Prince, Merriweather Submit Pavilion
“Summer months arts and cultural functions in Downtown Columbia have just begun,” added Amanda Hof, government director for Stop by Howard County. “From Merriweather Park in Symphony Woods to Merriweather Publish Pavilion to the new vibrant Merriweather District, Toby’s Meal Theatre, the Lakefront plaza and Columbia’s Village Facilities – Downtown Columbia is the place to be for arts and culture and summer season enjoyable.”